09 December 2012

abundant blessings

Where does the time go??  The days and weeks fly by.  The hard moments and tears melt away when you allow yourself to fully live in the present and see the blessings, even the smallest blessings, and let them sustain/strengthen you.  Here are some of the more recent blessings t our home. 

In November, my husband and I were both offered new jobs on the same day = blessed!  A few weeks ago, we hired a great nanny who is willing to help us with our kiddos even though she has to wake up at the crack of dawn some days = blessed!
Watching our eight year old play hockey with some great young ladies on the Stars U10 team = blessed! 
Putting up and decorating our Christmas tree; love the aroma of fresh pine this time of year = blessed!
Baking Christmas cookies and other goodies for gifting and for eating = blessed!

I know it is easy to allow ourselves to get overwhelmed or bogged-down with negativity and completely miss the blessings. For that reason, I have already made my resolution for the up-coming year; find the positive/blessing in everyday!  Sounds simple enough, but I know I will be challenged. 

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment